My kids totally loved finding out who their teachers are this way! Even if they weren’t that interested to begin with, they were definitely excited about their teachers after this! I think we’ll do this every year! I’ll tell you how I did it.
Our group of friends planned our own “reveal” party! My good friend was gracious enough to host, and at the last minute I planned a fun reveal for the kiddos.
Here’s what I did:
1. I made little slips of paper with a teacher’s name and photo on it.
2. Moms looked up students’ assigned teachers online.
3. We inserted the slip of paper with the correct teacher on it into a balloon and inflated it.
4. We lined the kids up, and their moms handed them their balloons. We waited until they could all do it at the same time (we didn’t want balloons to float around and get confused).
5. We said, “Go!” and the kids popped their balloons and unfolded their paper strips to see their teacher!
I’m glad I included a photo, and not just the teachers’ names, on the slips. Some of us moms, and I imagine many kids, didn’t know who all the teachers are. The available yearbook was also useful for this reason.
I think this would be fun even if you don’t have a party. It’s another way to get your kid excited about school starting!
(Sorry for the bad images. I didn’t bring a good camera.)